Sunday, December 6, 2009

Best Buddies

In more than one way am I so grateful that I decided to participate in the best buddy program! First of all the best buddies program is a club at my school where everyone get's assigned a mentally challenged friend. Then you hang out with them about twice a month. My buddies name is Mackie he is 35 years old and he is so cute! He break dances, loves sports, and cookies!! He seriously could eat more cookies then the cookie monster:) My friend Shalee is also participating in best buddies. Her best buddy's name is Richard. He is so much fun. So talkative and definitely the biggest Jazz fan I have ever seen! Yesterday we got to hang out with them! We made sugar cookies, frosted them and watched some of the jazz game. It really was so much fun! Definitely the best way to spend a saturday night. They are just so genuine and really are true friends. I mean they are not afraid to say what they are feeling and sometimes that is hard to come by. Richard works at the temple every day in the cafeteria. When we asked Mackie what his favorite thing to do is he said to do dishes. He is such a good helper! I was so nervous to do this at first by now I am so grateful I did! These boys are going to teach me so much throughout the year I can already tell! I am also so grateful I'm doing this because Shalee and I are becoming closer friends. She is such an amazing person! I can't believe how strong she is! She is definitely a great example. Thank you best buddies program for giving me the opportunity to create some great friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment